Handbags have been around forever; well, since the 14th century anyway, in various shapes, sizes and prices and of course, one is never enough! Though, I personally am not a ‘I change my bag everyday‘ kind of a person, but even then, I can confess, that I have quite a few tucked away, some never or hardly ever used!
Chasing ‘designer’ bags isn’t my thing but I find it incredibly hard to ignore a bright coloured tote (or isn’t this just isn’t another word for our very own ‘jhola‘)? Whatever, the name, I love those things. We looked far and wide for the ‘best bag’ out there, but as you know there is no such thing! These beauties rocked our boat. Have a peep and get the one that makes your heart beat faster too:
We have picked a few stores that have bags, a little bit different from the usual ones seen on the high street…Come, have a look with us:
- Q HERE bags in Cambridge: Based in the beautiful University town of Cambridge, is a company run by Ruth Schmid, which is the place to go to for funky, eye-catching bags, hand made from recycled bicycle inner tubes. How very clever! Click here to shop away.
- The PostBox, a Chennai based design studio, the brainchild of Nikhil & Madhu, offers a beautifully curated collection by artists and designers of stunning bags, clothing and fabulous home essential accessories. Have a look, click here and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Dukaan, an online place for people who prefer a minimalistic look with stunningly superior designs! Started by Aakash Kedia & Kevat Padh, this company offers some beautiful totes in very stylish stripes and elegant one colour ones, along with a range of stationery and home accessories. Click here to see the collection…which bag is going to be yours?
- HaathmadebyRuna, a place to go for some delicious handmade bags and accessories. All lovingly made by Runa in Mumbai in the comfort of her home. We absolutely loved her reversible clutch and had to share it with you guys. Like it too? Then click here to get yours…
- Quirk Box, brainchild of Jayesh Sachdev & Rixi Bhatia, synonymous with all things fun, offbeat and quirky. We love their colourful bags and they do a whole range of clothing for both men and women too. Have a peep, click here to shop...the colours and ‘quirkiness’ will surely brighten your day!
- GUNAS, a New York based independent high fashion label with a cause! Founded by designer and animal lover, Sugandh G. Agrawal, this label is proud to be the the first American designer brand of 100% vegan and stylish handbags. The styles and colours are sure to make your heart beat fast…Ready to have a peep? Click here
Choose the right bag or lots of ‘right’ bags, all made with love and care, to help you get to that ‘happy, content’ state of ‘Bag Nirvana’…
Cover credits: Naina.co (we are big admirers of her work)