The Dastkar events have a special place in my heart. The ‘Nature Bazar’, the venue of the events at Anderia Modh in New Delhi, is a delightful place, displaying the talent, creativity and passion of the designer-makers. So, despite of getting there towards the fag end, I managed to manoeuvre around rather efficiently! It was indeed an honour meeting the brains and hands behind the marvellous creations . The time I had on hand, was certainly not enough to do justice to all the participants. However, I present to you my very favourites, my top 10 designer-makers and their products that caught my eye and held my gaze for a very, very long time.
- Hand Carved ‘Soorajmukhi’ box and trays from Organic Connect
2. Footwear by Karmantik – Happy Soles to Happy Souls
3. The black backpack with Kantha from Maheejaa
4. The Sound amplifier and teapots by Megha Rawat of The Mudslingers
5. The flower-power bags and accessories from Pure Ghee Designs
6. The Lotus Urli by The Design Forge
7. Hand crafted platters from Taru and The Design Forge
8. The entire collection at Neelum Saigal’s Bric-a-brac
10. The hand-painted shloka chair from Design5 Studio
I could go on and on about some more fantastic finds from the lovely Dastkar Design Fair, but I’d stop here and let you explore the wonderful world of the above designer-makers. Browse through their collections, connect with them, get inspired and maybe make something and then definitely think about shopping for a thing or two.
Empower the artisans, the designer-makers, buy handmade, after all, you are notjustashopper, you are so much more…